Friday, July 15, 2011

Spoiler-free Harry Potter 7B Talk

It All Ended last night. The final end of Harry Potter (unless JK Rowling writes another book. Please write another book.) No more movies; no more midnight releases; no more publicly proclaiming your love for Snape and Lily:
Seen on the metro.
I know, not everyone braved the crushing midnight crowds or has friends in high places (thank you, Greta!) but I can't help but blog about it. So how about some spoiler-free thoughts and recommendations for peeps going to see it later today or this weekend?

A. If you don't remember what happened in DH Part 1, I'd recommend watching it again before you go to Part 2. (Or get an obsessive Potter friend to fill you in.) Part 2 jumps straight into where Part 1 left off.

B. Bring tissues. Unless you have a heart of stone (or a Y chromosome), you will probably cry. Or sob. Because I wept like a baby, tears and snot running down my face and clouding my 3D glasses.
'Nuff said.
C. If you can stomach the price (or bought the recent Fandango Living Social deal), go see this in 3D. I can think of few things in the world more exciting than the Gringotts breakout or the Battle of Hogwarts in IMAX 3D.
Has a dragon been more exciting since Falcor? I THINK NOT.
Plus, your 3D glasses are shaped like Harry's!
Not my photo.
D. Neville Freaking Longbottom.

Yeah, that's right. Gryffindor badassery.
 

E.  Stay until the end of credits then yell, "MISCHIEF MANAGED!"

Happy watching, my friends! How long must we wait before we can discuss SPOILERS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment