Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Five: 5 Things You'd Save In A Fire

"We didn't start the fire
It was always burning since the world's been turning"

 
  
Let's assume your house actually IS on fire and you can only grab 5 things.  What would they be? 

1. My iPhone
 
You feel totally naked and cut off from the world when you forget your phone at home, don't you? Mmmm-hmmmm. Now imagine if THE BALROG ATE YOUR PHONE and all your data is LOST TO THE ETHER FOREVER.   

The horror! The horror!

No, I don't have an addiction to technology, why do you ask? 

2. My Mac
I said, I don't have an addiction to technology. Nor do I have a fixation for Apple products.

Besides, I'd never be able to re-amass my iTunes library on the cheap. (What? Napster was legal in college.)

3. My DSLR
I have a slight obsession with photography. (On a recent trip to Italy, I took over 1,000 pictures in 7 days. That's almost 150 pics/day. Yeah.) To be fair, I keep my DSLR in a backpack with all of my lenses (also not cheap) so I'd save them too. I count them as one item since they're all in the same backpack.

4. My mom's Chinese wedding dress
She wore it at her wedding, and I wore it at mine.  I hope my hypothetical future daughter will wear it at hers. 

5. My set of Harry Potter Books
Don't judge. I have a nearly complete set of true first edition, first printings!


No comments:

Post a Comment